If you have Powers of Attorney and a medical privacy waiver, good for you. Pull them out:
- Are they current? Or were they prepared years ago? Have your designated agents moved away? Passed away? Become estranged?
- Are there signatures on every line that call for a signature? Yours? Notary? Witnesses?
- Do your designated agents have copies in their possession?
If you do not have documents, you need these three at a minimum:
- Power of Attorney for Finances
- Power of Attorney for Health Care
- Authorization to Release Medical Information including HIPAA language.
My office will prepare all three documents for you for $300; this is a discount of 25% while Michigan is subject to the shelter-in-place executive order.